Enriching Community-Based Programs for Adults
The Day Habilitation Without Walls program provides comprehensive support and services to young adults, adults, and seniors with developmental and physical disabilities seeking a community-based day habilitation experience and an opportunity to continue learning.
Together with our experienced staff, enrolled individuals develop and grow rewarding connections within their local communities through a variety of vocational and social activities. Participants explore career paths, engage in travel planning, and expand life, wellness, and self-advocacy skills. Leisure activities include volunteer work, cooking, and recreational sports.
Day Habilitation Without Walls is available to individuals residing in Nassau and Suffolk Counties who meet eligibility requirements.
At a Glance
- Runs Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Supports adults of all ages in their attainment of life and career goals
- Focuses on development of interest-based pre-vocational, daily living, and socialization skills
- Conducted in small group settings with trained Day Habilitation professionals
- Experiences include The Viscardi Center’s on-campus Independent Living House, vocational training programs in simulated work settings, and educational/employment focused activities.
Three Unique Program Options
- BRIDGE: A specialized program for young adults with varying care needs ages 18 and older providing robust activities that promote continued learning and skills development.
- Day Habilitation for Adults: Designed to meet the needs of a wide range of individuals interested in productive, community activities.
- Day Habilitation for Seniors: Tailored toward mature adults ages 55 and over who may prefer a slower-paced activity schedule.
Interested in Learning More?
Contact Janice King, Program Manager, at (516) 465-3716 or send a message here.