Congratulations to the 2021 Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards recipients!
Read about this year’s extraordinary recipients:
- Dani Bowman, DaniMation Entertainment, U.S.
- Rebecca Cokley, Ford Foundation, U.S.
- Deepak KC, World Bank Group Nepal/National Paralympic Committee of Nepal, Nepal
- Lalit Kumar, Evara Foundation, India
- Scott Michael Robertson, ODEP, U.S.
- Paul W. Schroeder, American Printing House for the Blind, U.S.
- Miguel Tomasín, Reynols, Argentina
These international Awards, first bestowed in 2013, recognize exemplary leaders within the disability community and their extraordinary societal contributions, while remembering the spirit and legacy of The Viscardi Center’s founder, Dr. Henry Viscardi, Jr., who himself wore prosthetic legs. As one of the world’s leading advocates for people with disabilities, Dr. Viscardi served as a disability advisor to eight U.S. Presidents, from Franklin D. Roosevelt to Jimmy Carter.
Since inception, the Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards have drawn nominations from cities throughout the U.S. and countries around the world. Nominations have included individuals with a wide range of disabilities from academia, health care, government, non-profit and corporate sectors. Read about past HVAA recipients.
It was a true honor for the late U.S. Senator Robert Dole to serve as co-chair of the Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards Selection Committee from 2013-2021. He was joined by Sherwood “Woody” Goldberg, Esq., retired U.S. Army Colonel and Emeritus Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army. View the complete Selection Committee list.
Stay tuned for details on the 2022 Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards!