CDOS Program offers students with disabilities more vocational options following their post-secondary education.
Our Career Development and Occupational Studies Credential (CDOS) Program draws upon our youth transition expertise and offers students more vocational options following their post-secondary education.
The CDOS Program is structured to ensure students meet all of the work readiness requirements specified by the State of New York, including stipulated work-based learning hours and lesson plans based on the academic standards set. Delivered within district, students attend academic classes in the morning and participate in CDOS activities in the afternoon.
Career exploration and readiness is conducted through a variety of activities.
Community service projects teach responsibility, social skills and participation in their communities.
- Adheres to CDOS* Credentials and Highly Successful
- Career Exploration and Readiness, including access to Career Zone
– a web-based learning tool
- Completion of a Career Plan & Resume Writing
- Community Service & Learning Projects
- Community Work Experiences through Job Coaching, Job Shadowing
and Hands-on Learning within In-School Business Enterprise Settings
- Guest Speakers & Company Tours
- Travel Training
Additional Youth Transition Services Offered:
For more information, contact: Barry Tussman, Associate Vice President, Youth Transition Services, at email@example.com or 516.465.1529.
*Career Development and Occupational Studies Credential (CDOS).