Our youth programs focus on building self-esteem, demonstrating the relevancy of education as it relates to the world of work, preparing participants for entry into post-secondary institutions or the workforce and developing essential life skills so that they can enjoy independent living, full community participation and economic self-sufficiency as adults.
Our trained professionals have years of experience working with adolescents and are filled with passion and enthusiasm for helping each of them reach their full potential.
Learn more about each of these programs and services for young adults with disabilities by clicking on them.
- Adapted Driver Education
- Assistive Technology – Kornreich Technology Center (KTC) at The Viscardi Center
- Case Management Services to assist individuals with disabilities in understanding their vocational needs and provide career guidance.
- Day Habilitation Without Walls
- Employment Placement Services
- Enterprise Office Services
- Evaluations & Assessments – Career Assessments; Level II and Level III Assessments;
Woodcock-Johnson Psycho-Educational Battery Revised
- High School/Post 12th Grade Education – Henry Viscardi School at The Viscardi Center
- Internships for College Students with Disabilities
- Job Coaching/Supported Employment
- Job Training and Vocational Training – Work Readiness, Culinary Skills, and Enterprise Office Services
- Summer Program
- Summer Program for Town of North Hempstead Residents with Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- SSI/SSDI Benefits Planning
- PROSPER Vocational Program for High School Juniors and Seniors
- Youth Transition Services
- STRIVE Pre-Employment Training Services (Pre-ETS) for Nassau County Students
- Saturday Recreation Program for Town of North Hempstead Residents with Development Disabilities