Summer Recreation Program for Town of North Hempstead residents with developmental disabilities.
Town of North Hempstead residents ages 8 and up with developmental disabilities may be eligible for a free, six week summer recreation program.* Offered through the Town and The Viscardi Center, the program is a unique experience that gives participants an opportunity to fully explore their communities through a range of social, educational and recreational activities, as well as local excursions.
Summer Program overview:
- Open to children and adults with disabilities (ages 8 and up)*
- Runs from July 2 to August 10, 2019, Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am – 3:00 p.m.
- Based out of Clinton G. Martin Park, conveniently located in New Hyde Park
- Recreational activities include arts and crafts, music, swimming, cooking, and more
- Weekly outings to destinations such as Bayville Adventure Park, the Nassau County Fair, Queens Zoo, Tanger Outlet, along with local bowling alleys, shopping malls and movie theaters
- Transportation to/from all activity/outing locations, and many admission/activity fees, included
The Viscardi Center and Town of North Hempstead also provide FREE year-round Saturday recreation and respite program for eligible Town residents with developmental disabilities. For more information, contact: Barry Tussman at 516.465.1529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Individuals supported through the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) are eligible. Call for information on how to become part of the OPWDD program.