While the majority of our programs and services are designed specifically for children and adults with disabilities, we recognize that there are others in our community who can benefit from our expertise and resources. To assist healthy aging individuals and those affected by an injury or illness that require technology assistance, accommodations or skills training in order to live more independent lives and participate more fully at home and within their community, continue working or maintain traveling, we offer the following programs and services:
- Adapted Driver Education for aging individuals with driving concerns that have developed during healthy aging and those who may require assistive or vehicle modifications following an injury or illness. This program helps individuals continue to drive safely and maintain their independence through evaluations and lessons in modified and traditional vehicles. Trained instructors teach participants to drive or regain the ability to drive.
- Assistive Technology that lets people with disabilities, as well as those who require assistive devices, to fully participate at school, work, home and in the community.
- “Navigating for the Future” Business Skills Training Program prepares participants for a variety of positions in a modern business office by teaching them practical job skills through the use of state-of-the-art technology and business software.
- Return to Work Initiatives to facilitate the earliest possible return for injured or ill workers to the workforce and to reduce the risk of an on-site injury or accident from occurring.
- Ergonomic Workplace Design that provides customized accommodations that meet the needs of individuals as well as universal design which allows everyone to perform at their best.