The low vision population is large and growing, with over 21 million adults with non-correctable vision loss.*
Our highly trained team of professionals ensure your existing, or newly created, electronic documents are fully accessible to people with visual and physical disabilities, as well as aging individuals, using assistive technologies and screen reading software. In addition, we make certain the accessible digital files meet the current Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) compliance standards, as well as other accessibility laws and standards.
Viscardi’s accessibility experts:
- Accurately create accessible PDF, Word, and PowerPoint documents for students, customers and employees with blindness or low vision.
- Remediate and repair legacy online documents—after conducting a thorough review to determine if they meet today’s accessibility compliance standards.
- Mark headings and paragraph structure; adapt charts, lists and tables; tag images and graphics; generate forms with fillable fields; and set the reading order to create accessible documents for individuals with visual disabilities using screen readers and people with limited motor skills.
- Provide pricing quotes within 24 hours of receiving the materials.
- Deliver accessible document files within 10-14 business days, depending on complexity.
- Transfer all materials via a secure FTP site.
For a FREE estimate and more information, contact Jim Corporal, Account Executive, at JCorporal@viscardicenter.org or Office: 516.465.1596 | Cell: 917.584.0602.
Additional Accessible Technologies/Services Available
- Closed captioning for produced videos and livestreaming webinars and training sessions.
- Website Accessibility Training Program for Web developers to meet Section 508 guidelines.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, fully accessible conference and production facility for meetings, conferences and training sessions for up to 75 people.
*U.S. National Health Interviews Survey (2011)