Job training prepares people with disabilities for employment in a variety of settings, as well as the interview process.
Our Job Training programs are geared for people with developmental, learning, physical and intellectual disabilities or other medical issues. These programs provide vocational training designed to prepare individuals for a variety of work environments. The programs are developed in collaboration with a Business Advisory Council to ensure they meet the needs of today’s businesses. Our caring, well trained staff work closely with each of the participants. Mock interviews are conducted during the training period to strengthen presentation skills for the actual interview process.
“Enterprise Office Services” Training Program
The Enterprise Office Services program teaches participants about various facets of office administration, including Reception Services, Mail Services, Light Print Production & Reprographics – including a tour of, Canon America’s headquarters in Melville, NY, and Print Fleet Management.
This NEW vocational program will be led by our experienced vocational training team, alongside a national team of Canon Solutions America subject matter experts, in the intimate setting of a brand new on-site, state-of-the-art, accessible print center.
At the conclusion of the training, individuals will have acquired skills that can help them qualify for positions such as: Receptionist, Office Services Associate, Print/Copy Specialist, Digital Copy Operator, Digital/Print/Copy Representative, Digital Print Specialist, and Mail Room Associate.
“Culinary Skills” Training Program
Our Culinary Skills training program introduces youth and adults with disabilities to a wide variety of hospitality career opportunities – from commercial and non-commercial food service to jobs in both the front/back of the house. Participants who complete the program receive a Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) Certificate of Completion and have an overall understanding of the food service industry. This introductory course covers:
- Kitchen Essentials, including Workplace Safety, Safe Food Handling/Storage, and Knife Skills.
- Food Preparation, including exposure to an array of fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs in fresh,
frozen, canned and dried variations.
- Measurement Conversions and Utensils
- A Range of Cooking Methods
- Nutrition and a Healthy Diet
- Menu Planning and Expenditures
- Guest Serving Skills
- Customer Service and Money Handling
- Hands-on Work Experience in the Viscardi Café
- Off-site Tours/Experiences and Internships, as available
- Resume/Portfolio Development, including Menus, and Practice Interviews
Upon completion of the training, participants will be qualified for, but not limited to, these job titles: Food Service Worker, Food Preparation Worker, Dining Room/Cafeteria Attendant, Server, Cook, Host/Hostess, Dishwasher.
Work Readiness II Training
The Steps Toward Employment Program (STEP) assists people with disabilities in developing behaviors and job skills that will lead to paid employment in one or more of the following areas:
- Food Service
Possible positions within these areas of employment include: Stock/Inventory/Sales Clerk; Product Assembler; Food Service Attendant; Custodial; Housekeeping; and Maintenance Assistant.
During this work readiness training program and working individually and in small groups, individuals will focus on:
- Interpersonal skills – getting along with co-workers and supervisors
- Communication skills – listening, speaking clearly, following directions
- Developing flexibility – working on different tasks and in varied work teams
- Productivity – working quickly and accurately, meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills – setting priorities, completing work as assigned
- Problem solving – making decisions, taking responsibility
- Personal appearance – hygiene and appropriate work attire
- Attendance and punctuality – arriving each day on time and maintaining consistent attendance
For more information, contact Erika Wishin, Coordinator of Vocational Services, at 516.465.3779 or email@example.com.