Supported Employment Services & Job Coaching for People with Disabilities
Supported Employment from Abilities Inc at The Viscardi Center enables people with varying disabilities to actively participate in the workforce through hands-on, paid work experience. Participants learn job skills, gain invaluable experience, and receive on-going support to develop and sustain employment success.
Supported Employment services and supports can be provided in either intensive or transitional settings, on-oroff-site, by job coaches who assist participants in selecting, securing, and retaining employment. Many factors are considered during the decision-making process, including the individual’s interests, skills, geographic location and disability. A person-centered approach focusing on strong collaboration between individuals and job coaches ensures that participants are heard, respected, and valued throughout the process. The job coaches’ expertise helps increase job retention, improves employment outcomes and ensures successful integration into the community.
As a national leader in developing innovative programs and providing extensive job development and employment services, we partner with ACCES-VR, The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), and the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH).
Services at a Glance
- Evaluate skills and interests to determine job matches
- Develop career goals to practice forward thinking
- Resume writing, job application assistance, practice interviews, travel training
- Onsite job orientation and understanding of benefits
- On the job training, skills training, productivity enhancement & workplace integration
- Self-Advocacy training
* Employment Training is now a part of Abilities Inc at The Viscardi Center’s Supported Employment Services!
This training offers individuals an opportunity to build skills through a paid internship that can lead to permanent employment in a community business. Participants will also attend job readiness classes, covering topics such as conflict resolution and how to dress appropriately, and receive job coaching to assist with the development of relevant employability skills.
* Must have waivered services in place through OPWDD