Job Coaching and Supported Employment helps people with disabilities seek out and develop jobs and provides on- and off-site assistance.
Supported Employment makes it possible for people with varying levels of disabilities to become active, wage-earning members of the workforce by generating positive employment opportunities and providing on-going support so that they may be successful in the workplace. This assistance, whether intensive or transitional, may include a job coach that can help the individual choose, secure and retain a job.
Job Coaching for people with disabilities and Supported Employment services can include:
- Clarification of career goals
- Assistance with completing job applications,
interviews, understanding benefit packages
- Preparing a resume and helping to develop, obtain and maintain a job
- Travel training
- Job site training and advocacy
- Intensive training on specific work tasks
- Developing effective communication and proper workplace behavior/dress code
- Acting as a liaison between work supervisors and co-workers
- On and off-site support available
Assistance may be provided for a few days or as long as eighteen months. On-going support may be provided, as needed.
As recommended by a referring counselor.
For more about Job Coaching and Supported Employment services, contact email@example.com