The Viscardi Center and Canon USA offer a job training and placement program for people with disabilities.
Our best-in-class Enterprise Office Services Training Program is provided in partnership with Canon Solutions America. This five-week vocational program is led by our experienced vocational training team, alongside a national team of Canon Solutions America subject matter experts, within the intimate setting of our on-site, state-of-the-art, accessible print center. The program format includes instructor-led sessions, videos, laptop/PC work, software applications, role playing, hands-on training, individual and team exercises, written exams, and eLearning modules. By developing skills from an active learning approach, participants receive the individualized level of supervision they need to build confidence and competence for a professional office environment.
The Enterprise Office Services program introduces various facets of office administration, including:
- Reception Services – including email, print, copy, telephone, projectors, scanning and indexing
- Mail Services – including mail operations, machines, software, supplies, and security
- Light Print Production & Reprographics – including a tour of, Canon America’s headquarters in Melville, NY
- Print Fleet Management – including terminology, processes, and services
A special focus is also placed on the soft skills needed for the workplace, including:
- Interpersonal Skills – getting along with co-workers and supervisors
- Communication Skills – listening, speaking clearly, following directions, business etiquette
- Organizational Skills – setting priorities, completing work as assigned, work pace/meeting deadlines
- Problem Solving – making decisions & compromises, taking responsibility
- Personal Appearance – hygiene and appropriate work attire
- Job Seeking – job search techniques, resume and cover letter building
- Mock Interviews – opportunities to practice interviewing skills with seasoned HR professionals
Entrance requirements include:
- High School diploma, GED, or TASC
- 6th grade reading & math levels
- Familiarity with basic computer applications (eg. Microsoft Word) is recommended
Participants who successfully fulfill the requirements of the program will receive a Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) Certificate of Completion. At the conclusion of the training, individuals will have acquired skills that can help them qualify for positions such as: Receptionist, Office Services Associate, Print/Copy Specialist, Digital Copy Operator, Digital/Print/Copy Representative, Digital Print Specialist, and Mail Room Associate.