Day Habilitation without Walls is designed for young adults through senior citizens with developmental disabilities seeking a personalized, community-based day habilitation experience.
The Day Habilitation Without Walls program at The Viscardi Center provides comprehensive support and services to young adults, adults, and seniors with developmental and physical disabilities seeking a personalized, community-based day habilitation experience and an opportunity to continue their learning. Together with our experienced staff, enrolled individuals develop and grow rewarding connections within their local communities through interest-based vocational and social activities. Participants explore career paths, learn life skills including money management, health & wellness and travel planning, and enjoy leisure activities such as volunteer work, cooking, and recreational sports. The programming is enriched by access to The Viscardi Center’s Independent Living House and vocational training programs’ on-site, simulated culinary and retail store work settings.
Day Habilitation Without Walls is available to individuals residing in Nassau and Suffolk Counties who meet the eligibility requirements.
Program at a Glance:
- Runs Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Supports individuals of all ages in their attainment of life and career goals
- Focuses on development of interest-based pre-vocational, daily living, and socialization skills
- Conducted in small group settings with trained Day Habilitation professionals
- Exclusive to Viscardi! Exposure to The Viscardi Center’s Independent Living House, vocational training programs’ simulated work settings, and educational/employment focused activities in conjunction with the Center’s Business Advisory Council employers.
Our Day Habilitation program is broken into three groups, each with unique, curated programming:
- Specialized program for young adults with varying care needs, aged 18 and older, focused on robust activities that promote continued learning and skills development.
- Day Habilitation for Adults
- Program designed to meet the needs of a wide range of individuals interested in productive, community-based activities.
- Day Habilitation for Seniors
- Program tailored toward mature adults, aged 55 and over, who may prefer a slower-paced activity schedule.