The Viscardi Center recognizes the importance employment and full inclusion in the community has on the lives of adults with disabilities. Our programs and services prepare adults with a variety of disabilities for entry or re-entry into the workforce, assist them with securing pre-employment services and job placement, and provide technology solutions and community interaction so that they can overcome obstacles and live safe, enriched lives as independently as possible.
Learn more about each of these programs and services for adults with disabilities by clicking on them.
- Adapted Driver Education
- Assistive Technology – Kornreich Technology Center (KTC) at The Viscardi Center
- Case Management Services to assist individuals with disabilities in understanding their vocational needs and provide career guidance.
- Employment Placement Services
- Enterprise Office Services
- Evaluations & Assessments – Career Assessments
- Job Coaching/Supported Employment
- Job Training and Vocational Training – Work Readiness, Culinary Skills, and Enterprise Office Services
- Services for Aging Individuals – Adapted Driver Education, Assistive Technology, Business Skills with
Office Technology, Ergonomic Workplace Design
- SSI/SSDI Benefits Planning
- Summer Program for Town of North Hempstead Residents with Developmental Disabilities