The Viscardi Center
Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards Past Recipients
Henry Viscardi Achievement Award Recipients
- Shaheena Ali, Disabled Welfare Association, Pakistan
- Dr. Alex H. Cohen, Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind, U.S.
- John Cronin, John’s Crazy Socks, U.S.
- Susan Henderson, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund, U.S.
- Emily Ladau, Disability Rights Activist, U.S.
- Nkosinathi Freddy Ndlovu, Presidential Working Group of Disability (PWGD), South Africa
- Dani Bowman, DaniMation Entertainment, U.S.
- Rebecca Cokley, Ford Foundation, U.S.
- Deepak, KC, World Bank Group Nepal/National Paralympic Committee of Nepal, Nepal
- Lalit Kumar, Evara Foundation, India
- Scott Michael Robertson, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), U.S.
- Paul W. Schroeder, American Printing House for the Blind, U.S.
- Miguel Tomasín, Reynols, Argentina
- Nguyen Thi Lan Anh, Action to the Community Development Institute, Vietnam
- Caroline Casey, The Valuable 500, Ireland
- James Raymond “JR” Harding, Florida State University, U.S.
- Judith Heumann, The Heumann Connection, U.S.
- Andrew J. Imparato, Disability Rights California, U.S.
- Braam Jordaan, Convo Communications, South Africa
- Jaime Huerta Peralta, Universidad Privada del Norte, Peru
- Edmund “EQ” Sylvester, United States Adaptive Golf Alliance (USAGA), U.S.
- Mata’afa Fa’atino Utumapu, Nuanua O Le Alofa, Samoa
- Duong Thi Van, Hanoi Association of People with Disabilities, Vietnam
- James J. Weisman, United Spinal Association, U.S.
- Major Jas Boothe, Final Salute Inc., U.S.
- SFC Joseph Bowser, U.S. Army, U.S.
- Virginia A. Jacko, Miami Lighthouse for the Blind, U.S.
- Kamran Khan, Saaya Association of Persons with Disabilities, Pakistan
- Abha Khetarpal, Cross the Hurdles, India
- Dr. Dinesh Palipana, Gold Coast Health, Australia
- Chano Park, Seoul Center for Independent Living, South Korea
- Ali Stroker, Tony Award-Winning Actress, U.S.
- Yves Veulliet, IBM, Belgium
- Dr. Hoang-Yen Thi Vo, Disability Research and Capacity Development, Vietnam
- Prof. Dr. Alireza Darvishy – Zurich University of Applied Sciences/Institute of Applied Information Technology, Switzerland
- General (ret.) Frederick M. Franks, Jr. – Retired Four-Star General of the U.S. Army, U.S.
- Ilan Gilon, The Knesset, Israel
- Thomas A. Hoffer – Regional Health Command – Pacific, U.S.
- Prudence Mabhena – Prudence Mabhena Music, Zimbabwe
- Bonface Ophiyah Massah – Association of Persons with Albinism in Malawi, Malawi
- Jawaid Rais – Disabled Welfare Association, Pakistan
- Maria Town – Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, City of Houston, U.S.
- Glen W. White, Ph.D. – Delta Air Lines Advisory Board on Disability, U.S.
- Mohammed Yousuf – EquallyAble Foundation/Accessible Transportation Technology Research Initiative at the U.S. Dept. of Transportation, U.S.
- Vashkar Bhattacharjee — Access to Information (a2i) Program, Bangladesh’s Prime Minister’s Office/Young Power in Social Action (YPSA)/GAATES Board of Directors, Bangladesh
- Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu — Ministry of Social Development, South Africa
- Justin Constantine —The Constantine Group, U.S.
- Col. Gregory D. Gadson — U.S Army Veteran/Patriot Strategies, U.S.
- Matt King — Facebook, U.S.
- Dr. Satendra Singh — University College of Medical Sciences, India
- Yuval Wagner — Access Israel, Israel
- Thomas J. Wlodkowski — Comcast, U.S.
- Asim Zafar — Saaya Association/Community Based Inclusive Development Network, Pakistan
- Saima Aslam – National Forum of Women with Disabilities, Pakistan
- Senarath Attanayake – Uva Provincial Council, Columbo, Sri Lanka
- Peggy Chenoweth – Author/Advocate/Blogger, U.S.
- PJ Edington – IBM Government & Regulatory Affairs Executive, U.S.
- Hiroyasu Itoh – Chairman, Japan Abilities, Tokyo, Japan
- Jim Mayer – U.S. Army/Vietnam Veteran (ret.), Walter Reed Hospital, U.S.
- Dave McGill – VP, Reimbursement & Compliance, Ossur, U.S.
- Curtis Pride – former Major League Baseball player, MLB’s Ambassador for Disability Inclusion, U.S.
- Juan Pablo Salazar Salamanca – President, National Council on Disability and Presidential Advisor, Colombia
- Dr. Louise Sinden-Carroll – International Federation of Hard of Hearing People, Auckland, New Zealand
- Jim Gibbons – President & CEO, Goodwill Industries International, U.S.
- Mark Johnson – Chair of The ADA Legacy Project and Director of Advocacy at Shepherd Center, U.S.
- David Krupa – CEO, The Range of Motion Project and Certified Prosthetist, Ecuador
- Ed Lucas – Founder, The Ed Lucas Foundation; Sports Journalist, U.S.
- Lonnie C. Moore – Program Analyst, Career and Education Readiness Branch, U.S. Army Warrior
Transition Command, U.S.
- Winfred G. Mugure – University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Toby Olson – Executive Secretary State of Washington; Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues and Employment, U.S.
- Marilyn E. Saviola – Senior Vice President for Advocacy and the Women’s Health Program, Independence Care System, U.S.
- Mark Wafer – President, Megleen, operating as Tim Hortons, Canada
- Jim Abbott – Former MLB Pitcher & Gold Medal Olympian, U.S.
- Marca Bristo – President & CEO of Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago, U.S.
- Rory Cooper, Ph.D. – Distinguished Professor at the University of Pittsburgh, U.S.
- Maryanne Diamond – General Manager Advocacy and Engagement at Vision Australia, Australia
- Neil Jacobson – Founder & CEO of Abilicorp, U.S.
- Arlene Mayerson – Attorney at the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (DREDF), U.S.
- Marlee Matlin – Academy Award & Golden Globe Award-winning Actress, U.S.
- Ron McCallum – Emeritus Professor at The University of Sydney, Australia
- Thomas Porter – Volunteer at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, U.S.
- Susan Sygall – Co-founder & CEO of Mobility International USA (MIUSA), U.S.
- Yevgeniy Tetyukhin – Professor at the Petropavlovsk North Kazakhstan State University, Kazakhstan
- Mary Verdi-Fletcher – President & Founding Artistic Director of Dancing Wheels, U.S.
- Laurie Ahern – President, Disability Rights International, U.S.
- Rosangela Berman Bieler – Senior Advisor on Children with Disabilities, UNICEF,U.S.
- Tony Coelho – Former U.S. Rep. from California, Primary Sponsor of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, U.S.
- Lex Frieden – Professor, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Biomedical Informatics; Director of the Independent Living Research Utilization program at TIRR Memorial Hermann, U.S.
- Yoav Kraiem – Chairman, National Council for Community Relations – Mental Health, Israel
- U.S. Rep. James R. Langevin – Rhode Island’s 2nd Congressional District, U.S.
- Kathleen Martinez – Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S.
- Patrick D. Rummerfield – Community Liaison, International Center for Spinal Cord Injury, Kennedy-Krieger Institute, U.S.
- Michael Ashley Stein – Executive Director, Harvard Law School Project on Disability, U.S.
Interested in Learning More?
Complete and submit this form to learn more about The Viscardi Center’s programs and services.
The Viscardi Center
Address: 201 I.U. Willets Rd, Albertson, NY 11507