The Viscardi Center
Henry Viscardi School
Strong Academics in a Fully Accessible Learning Environment
Based in Albertson, Henry Viscardi School is a New York State supported school that offers a traditional education setting for children with severe physical disabilities who often require life-sustaining medical treatment throughout the day. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Henry Viscardi, Jr. and the first of its kind, the Henry Viscardi School continues to be an alternative choice for children and their families and a resource to school districts that cannot accommodate the academic, health, and assistive technology needs of students with severe physical disabilities.
About the School
HVS combines an accredited and enriched curriculum, customized assistive technology, medical care, and therapies.
- Accredited and Enriched Academics – Pre-K to age 21 – including Advanced Regents, Regents, and Local Diplomas, as well as CDOS* and SACC* credential options.
- National Honor Society chapter, college-level courses, and student ambassador programs encourage students to achieve academic excellence and pursue higher education after graduation.
- RAMP (Reaching All My Potential) enables students up to age 21 to complete graduation requirements and hone independent living skills.
- Extracurricular clubs and activities, field trips, adapted sports, and overnights in an on-site SMART technology Independent Living House foster personal growth and socialization.
- Staffed by highly trained educators, physical, occupational and speech therapists, nurses, psychologists, and social workers.
*Career Development & Occupational Studies (CDOS) and Skills and Achievement Commencement Credential (SACC)
Interested in Learning More?
Complete and submit this form to learn more about The Viscardi Center’s programs and services.
Job Openings | The Viscardi Store | FAQs | Financials | Staff Log-In | Accessibility Statement | Privacy Statement
© 2023 The Viscardi Center. All rights reserved.