Universal Wellness Center $500,000
Our students, alumni, and the general community at large can benefit from a wellness program that features fitness equipment that is universally designed for everyone, adapted yoga classes, touch massage therapy, oral health initiatives, and expert speakers on health-related topics.
Funding is needed for:
- Universal exercise equipment, such as hand-cycles and treadmills that can be used by people with or without wheelchairs. ($200,000)
- Enhanced program offerings, such as aquatic therapy, adapted yoga and touch massage therapy. ($250,000)
- Access to wellness, oral health, and nutrition experts who can give tailored advice that is specific to children and adults with disabilities. ($50,000)
Aquatic Center Renovation $1,000,000
A renovated and fully-accessible Aquatic Center will serve the therapeutic and physical education needs of our students and community. Built over fifty years ago, the pool was constructed before innovations in accessibility. Through normal depreciation of pipes and tiles, the pool also now requires a complete renovation.
Funding is needed to:
- Reconstruct the pool to meet new Health Department standards, including a new piping system, floors, and walls ($250,000)
- Install an HVAC unit and fans to provide heat, A/C, and air circulation, and to dehumidify the pool area; install new boiler ($300,000)
- Purchase a new make-up tank, filters, pumps, and all new systems to chlorinate the water ($100,000)
- Install new windows and sliding doors ($100,000)
- Renovate locker rooms (tile work, counters, floor tiles, and bathroom fixtures) ($100,000)
- Miscellaneous (architect fees, new robotic vacuum, new lockers for locker rooms, etc.) ($150,000)
For more information, please contact Lauren Marzo, Chief Advancement Officer, at 516.465.1593.