Viscardi Veterans Program $400,000
Provide job training for veterans to ease reintegration into the civilian workforce, and assistance for employers in hiring veterans throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Funding is needed for:
- Staff positions, including a director, instructor, career counselor and benefits counselor, all of which are important to providing a comprehensive program. Veterans will be offered evaluations, career counseling, job-specific training, benefits counseling, and job placement services.
National Center for Disability Entrepreneurship $500,000
Connect entrepreneurs with disabilities to training, resources, and start-up funding so they can create their own businesses.
- Staff positions, including a director, trainer, and part-time marketing and technology experts.
- Hosting virtual online trainings via WebEx to a national cohort of students annually.
- Creating an incubator, including access to marketers, website developers and accountants, to the top-tier students who have completed the training.
- Potentially granting small-business start-up loans to the entrepreneurs who have completed the training and incubator program, and also have a viable business model.
For more information, please contact Lauren Marzo, Chief Advancement Officer, at 516.465.1593.