Summer CARE Program for Town of North Hempstead residents with developmental disabilities.
Time:9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location:Clinton G. Martin Park
Children and adults with developmental disabilities, age 7 and up, who reside in the Town of North Hempstead may be eligible for a free, six week summer recreation program.* The Summer CARE Program, offered through the Town and The Viscardi Center, is a unique experience that gives participants an opportunity to fully explore their communities through a range of social, educational and recreational activities and excursions.
Summer CARE Program overview:
- Open to children and adults with disabilities (age 7 and up)*
- Session dates: July 2 – August 10, 2018
- Operates 5 days a week – Tuesday through Saturday
- All activity and excursion costs/admission fees included
- Transportation to and from activity locations provided
- Clinton G. Martin Park based activities: arts and crafts, music appreciation, cooking, swimming
- Recreational Outings: Adventureland, Eisenhower Park, bowling, shopping, the movies and more
- Educational & Social Excursions: Old Westbury Gardens, Queens Zoo, Riverhead Aquarium, Waterfront Center and more
The CARE Program also provides a year-round Saturday recreational and respite program. For more information about both CARE Programs, contact: Barry Tussman at 516.465.1529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Individuals supported through the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) are eligible. Call for information on how to become part of the OPWDD program.