The Viscardi Center
Employment Placement Services
Navigating a Successful Job Search
Given the tough competition for employment at all levels and the reality that people with disabilities continue to be employed at lower rates than those without disabilities, employment preparation and placement assistance is more valuable now than ever before.
Our Employment Specialists are equipped with the network and knowledge to assist job seekers in securing employment in a broad range of industries — including individualized interest areas, high-level positions, and those requiring specific skill sets. Individuals who complete job training at The Viscardi Center and direct referrals for employment placement from outside agencies are eligible to receive these services.
Finding Meaningful Employment
Guided by the expertise of our Business Advisory Council, comprising over 400 business professionals from a multitude of national and locally based companies and employment sectors, Employment Specialists provide a variety of services to match job seekers with positions that align with their interests and qualifications. We work with job seekers to:
- Prepare a realistic job search plan
- Clarify career goals and develop an understanding of the current market and requisite skills
- Develop resumes, cover letters, and reference lists
- Schedule practice in-person/virtual interviews with professional business representatives
- Arrange for interview appointments and interpreter services
- Follow up with job leads and provide on-the-job support
- Foster self-advocacy
Interested in Learning More?
Complete and submit this form to learn more about The Viscardi Center’s programs and services.