Web accessibility enables your customers with disabilities to easily navigate your website, and creates a tangible return on investment through their buying power and brand loyalty.
By law, companies, as well as academic institutions, government agencies, and nonprofits are required to maintain accessible websites and applications. The Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) is the current standard used by many to comply with today’s laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 508 of the Rehab Act
Is your website accessible for blind and low-vision individuals? Have you performed website accessibility and legal compliance audits? Do you meet WCAG standards, and are you ADA and Section 508 compliant?
If you don’t know, you are at risk for legal action. You need to be sure that all visitors to your website have fair and equal access to the information on the site. An accessible website is ADA compliant and complies with other federal laws, such as Section 508, as well as accessibility standards like WCAG.2.1
The Viscardi Center Offers Website Accessibility Services
The Viscardi Center has teamed up with website accessibility provider User1st to offer best-in-class products and services to help make your websites and apps fully usable and accessible for people of all abilities. Many organizations have found it challenging to make their digital properties accessible, and then to maintain that accessibility as the sites iterate and evolve.
In addition, today’s environment of litigation has made it costly for organizations not to address web accessibility. Close to 10,000 lawsuits were expected in 2018 alone1 . It is in everyone’s interest to create the best possible experience for customers and employees of all abilities which will ultimately further your organization’s social and business goals. Ensuring your web site is accessible is critical for both customer experience and legal compliance.
Your Website Needs to be Accessible
Utilizing top-notch products and web accessibility evaluation & remediation teams, we can ensure that:
- You have a powerful automated testing platform to assess and monitor your current web site accessibility and identify necessary remediations.
- Current and new websites and apps are compliant with all applicable standards and legislation, including WCAG 2.1 and the ADA and Section 508.
- Your IT and web development teams are fully trained and have proper documentation on how to make accessibility an essential part of the software development lifecycle.
The proprietary website accessibility platform and services allow for nearly codeless accessibility solutions, giving users features to make your site usable and accessible without any software development resources! If you are looking to learn how you can make your websites and app accessible for people with disabilities, so that you comply with the law, contact us today.
Additional Digital Accessibility Services Available
- Document Accessibility to accurately ensure PDF, Word, and PowerPoint files are accessible by screen reading software for people with low vision/blindness and other print disabilities.
- Captioning & CART Services to make your in-person events, video productions, livestreams and webinars accessible for people with hearing loss.
- Audio Description, a narration service to inform individuals who are blind or have low vision about the visual content of a video or presentation.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, accessible conference and production space for meetings, conferences, and training sessions for up to 75 people.
¹Seyfarth Shaw LLP (2018)