The low vision population is large and growing, with over 21 million adults with non-correctable vision loss.*
Our highly trained team of professionals ensure your existing or newly created electronic documents are fully accessible to people with visual and physical disabilities, as well as aging individuals, who may use assistive technologies and screen-reading software. In addition, through the document remediation process, we make certain the accessible digital files meet current accessibility standards including WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), to reach compliance with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and Sections 503, 504, and 508, as well as other accessibility laws.
Viscardi’s accessibility experts:
- Create new, fully accessible PDF, Word, and PowerPoint documents for students, customers and employees with blindness, low vision, or other print disabilities.
- Remediate and repair legacy online documents—after conducting a thorough review to determine if they meet today’s accessibility compliance standards.
- Mark headings and paragraph structure; adapt charts, lists and tables; tag images and graphics; generate forms with fillable fields; and set the reading order to create accessible documents for individuals with visual disabilities using screen readers and people with limited motor skills.
- Provide pricing quotes within 24 hours of receiving the materials.
- Deliver accessible document files within 3-5 business days, depending on the complexity of the document.
- Transfer all materials via a secure FTP site.
If you are interested in our Document Accessibility Services, please fill out the contact form here.
Additional Digital Accessibility Services Available
- Website Accessibility to provide customized solutions that ensure websites are compliant with today’s legislation and fully accessible to all, including a training program for client teams to understand and maintain site accessibility.
- Captioning & CART Services to make your in-person events, video productions, livestreams and webinars accessible for people with hearing loss.
- Audio Description, a narration service to inform individuals who are blind or have low vision about the visual content of a video or presentation.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, accessible conference and production space for meetings, conferences, and training sessions for up to 75 people.
*U.S. National Health Interviews Survey (2011)