Approximately 15% of American adults (37.5 million) report trouble hearing*, and over 90% use captions when watching video content**
The Viscardi Center understands that rising tides raise all ships, and like curbcuts for pedestrians, video captioning has made the experience of watching videos better for everyone. Our team of accessibility professionals provide captioning services to ensure your existing or newly created videos, webinars, and live events & conferences are fully accessible to people with hearing and vision loss, and usable by people of all abilities.
In addition, we make certain the accessible videos, webinars, and live events meet current accessibility standards to reach compliance with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and the CVAA (21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act). Our post-production captioning services can help you meet and exceed your goals, helping to ensure that your video content is accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing.
At The Viscardi Center, we provide a wide range of services, including Live CART, open and closed video captioning services, and post-production video captioning. Viscardi’s video expertise includes:
Closed/Open Captioning Services:
- Guarantee all current and legacy video content you share is accessible to people with hearing loss through post-production, either through closed or open captioning
- Add a visual representation of the audio output in a video universally utilized by viewers with and without hearing loss
- Create a fully accessible live event or webinar Audio-Visual environment through our CART (Communication Access Real-time Translation) services, or real-time captioning. This allows captioning of live events
- Ensure live audio stream is represented visually for viewers with and without hearing loss
- Can be delivered on-site or remote
If you are interested in our Video Accessibility Services, please fill out the contact form here.
Additional Digital Accessibility Services Available
- Document Accessibility to accurately ensure PDF, Word, and PowerPoint files are accessible by screen reading software for people with low vision/blindness and other print disabilities.
- Website Accessibility to provide customized solutions that ensure websites are compliant with today’s legislation and fully accessible to all, including a training program for client teams to understand and maintain site accessibility.
- Audio Description, a narration service to inform individuals who are blind or have low vision about the visual content of a video or presentation.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, accessible conference and production space for meetings, conferences, and training sessions for up to 75 people.
* National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
** 3Play Media