Enhance the video or presentation experience with audio description for individuals with vision loss.
In addition to captioning and CART services for viewers of videos, webinars, and live events with hearing loss, The Viscardi Center offers audio description services for people who are blind, have low vision, or who are otherwise visually impaired. Audio description describes what a sighted person is viewing. An audible description during a pause in a video goes beyond hearing the spoken words of actors and presents a fuller description of what is happening in the scene.For videos, it provides information about actions, characters, scene changes, on-screen text, and other visual content. It can also be used to enhance the presentation experience for those with a visual impairment. Video description companies add this description to your videos.
Audio descriptions can be used by a wide range of services, organizations, and events, including:
- Video producers and publishers
- Training companies
- Public exhibitions (including museums, zoos, parks, historic sites, live performance theaters)
For example, audio descriptions in public exhibitions may provide additional information about the scenery, buildings and layout of an exhibition that go beyond what the tour guide is explaining to sighted individuals.
With film and video, audio descriptions may narrate the action occurring within the scene, separate from the dialog between the actors. A more robust audible description gives the listener additional information about the location, background actions, the characters in the film, etc.
- Ensures that all current or legacy video content is fully accessible to people with vision loss through the addition of a post-production, narrative soundtrack (audio description).
- Adds a detailed explanation of what is happening in video content, or during a presentation, for the listener.
- Assists companies in reaching compliance with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and the CVAA (21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act)
If you are interested in our Video Accessibility Services, please fill out the contact form here.
Additional Digital Accessibility Services Available
- Document Accessibility to accurately ensure PDF, Word, and PowerPoint files are accessible by screen reading software for people with low vision/blindness and other print disabilities.
- Website Accessibility to provide customized solutions that ensure websites are compliant with today’s legislation and fully accessible to all, including a training program for client teams to understand and maintain site accessibility.
- Captioning & CART Services to make your in-person events, video productions, livestreams and webinars accessible for people with hearing loss.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, accessible conference and production space for meetings, conferences, and training sessions for up to 75 people.