Document accessibility is essential for the large and growing population of over 21 million adults with non-correctable vision loss.*
Today, more people than ever need access to accessible web documents. With requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 of the Rehab Act and other provisions of law, it is critical that you ensure your documents are accessible to be legally compliant.
Our highly trained team of professionals ensure your existing or newly created electronic documents are fully accessible to people with low vision and other visual and physical disabilities, as well as aging individuals, who may use assistive technologies and screen-reading software.
In addition, through the document remediation process, we make certain the accessible digital files meet current accessibility standards including WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), to reach compliance with the ADA and Sections 503, 504, and 508, as well as other accessibility laws.
Why are Accessible Documents So Important?
The internet is no longer a luxury or a fad. It is fully integrated into the life of nearly every American. From computers to mobile devices, smart TVs to internet connected devices, we live online. Unfortunately, those who are visually impaired are at a disadvantage, and not providing accessible documents to these people is not only unfair, but a violation of law.
At The Viscardi Center, we focus on helping organizations to produce accessible documents that serve the community and comply with the law. Whether an individual is blind, has low vision, or has other visual impairments such as color blindness, the inability to read certain types of fonts, read content overlaying complex backgrounds or other issues, you need to accommodate their needs.
By providing documents that are ADA and Section 508 compliant, and meet the standards of WCAG 2.1, you are not only following the law, but supporting accessibility and inclusion for everyone, regardless of ability.
Document Accessibility Experts
At the Viscardi Center, our specially trained experts provide a range of services including:
- Creating new, fully accessible PDF, Word, and PowerPoint documents for students, customers and employees with blindness, low vision, or other print disabilities.
- Remediating and repairing legacy online documents that are not accessible – after conducting a thorough review to determine if they meet today’s accessibility compliance standards
- Marking headings and paragraph structure; adapting charts, lists and tables; tagging images and graphics; generating forms with fillable fields; and setting the reading order to create accessible documents for individuals with visual disabilities using screen readers and people with limited motor skills.
Viscardi’s document accessibility team:
- Provides pricing quotes within 24 hours of receiving materials
- Delivers accessible document files within 3-5 business days, depending on the complexity of the document
- Transfers all materials via a secure FTP site
We have more experience than the rest! Compare our services, pricing and expertise to other companies with similar offerings.
If you are interested in our Document Accessibility Services, please fill out the contact form here.
Additional Digital Accessibility Services Available
- Website Accessibility to provide customized solutions that ensure websites are compliant with today’s legislation and fully accessible to all, including a training program for client teams to understand and maintain site accessibility.
- Captioning & CART Services to make your in-person events, video productions, livestreams and webinars accessible for people with hearing loss.
- Audio Description, a narration service to inform individuals who are blind or have low vision about the visual content of a video or presentation.
- Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center, a state-of-the-art, accessible conference and production space for meetings, conferences, and training sessions for up to 75 people.
*U.S. National Health Interviews Survey (2011)