Congratulations to the 2017 Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards recipients!
Read about the work the recipients are doing around the world:
- Vashkar Bhattacharjee — Access to Information (a2i) Program, Bangladesh’s Prime Minister’s Office/Young Power in Social Action (YPSA)/GAATES Board of Directors, Bangladesh
- Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu — Ministry of Social Development, South Africa
- Justin Constantine —The Constantine Group, New York, NY
- Col. Gregory D. Gadson — U.S Army Veteran/Patriot Strategies, Alexandria, VA
- Matt King — Facebook, Menlo Park, CA
- Dr. Satendra Singh — University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
- Yuval Wagner — Access Israel, Israel
- Thomas J. Wlodkowski — Comcast, Philadelphia, PA
- Asim Zafar — Saaya Association/Community Based Inclusive Development Network, Pakistan
These international Awards, first bestowed in 2013, recognize exemplary leaders within the disability community and their extraordinary societal contributions, while remembering the spirit and legacy of The Viscardi Center’s founder, Dr. Henry Viscardi, Jr., who himself wore prosthetic legs. As one of the world’s leading advocates for people with disabilities, Dr. Viscardi served as a disability advisor to eight U.S. Presidents, from Franklin D. Roosevelt to Jimmy Carter.
Since inception, the Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards have drawn nominations from cities throughout the U.S. and countries around the world. Nominations have included individuals with a wide range of disabilities from academia, healthcare, government, non-profit and corporate sectors. Read about past HVAA recipients.
This year’s Awards Selection Committee was once again co-chaired by Robert Dole, former U.S. Senator, and Sherwood “Woody” Goldberg, Esq., retired U.S. Army Colonel and current Senior Advisor for Asian Affairs at the Center for Naval Analysis. Complete list of the 2017 Selection Committee.
Watch for information about the nomination process for the 2018 Henry Viscardi Achievement Awards.