"Who I Am" Public Service Announcement
Rather than be defined by disability, “Who I Am” cast members are the sum of their many life roles, which includes working in jobs they love. Learn more about the PSA.
If your organization is looking to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace look no further. The Emerging Leaders Summer Internship Program for College Students with Disabilities, coordinated by the National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) at The Viscardi Center, is a highly competitive program that places top undergraduate and graduate college students with disabilities in fulfilling summer internships with companies nationwide. We help you find interns with disabilities who are qualified for the positions you need to fulfill.
Benefits to Participating Employers:
• Access to highly qualified, motivated interns with proven track records of scholastic achievement, leadership
abilities, and a demonstrated desire to achieve and excel.
• Access to a talent pool of potential employees ready to contribute to your organization's success.
• Opportunity to enhance your reputation as an employer of choice, committed to diversity, willing to break
through attitudinal barriers and negative stereotypes concerning people with disabilities.
The NBDC Emerging Leaders Program Management Team provides the following services for Employer Partners:
• Extensive outreach to targeted colleges and universities.
• Processing of program applicants.
• A pool of resumes of students with disabilities who meet your program requirements.
• Ongoing support, as needed, to assure a successful experience for you and your Emerging Leaders interns.
If you are a member company that would like to complete the Employer Partner Profile Template please click here to login.
Read what we ask participating employers to provide.
For information on how your organization can participate, contact us at 516.465.1519 or email@example.com.
Don't just hire an intern, hire an Emerging Leader!