The National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) invites you to stay connected and participate in important discussions using its LinkedIn Group. Join the NBDC Group on LinkedIn.
The National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) invites you to join its mailing list. Join the NBDC mailing list.
If your organization is looking to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace look no further. The Emerging Leaders Internship Program for College Students with Disabilities, coordinated by the National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) at The Viscardi Center, is a highly competitive program that places top undergraduate and graduate college students with disabilities in fulfilling internships with private and public sector employers nationwide. We help you find interns with disabilities who are qualified for the positions you need to fulfill.
Benefits to Participating Employers:
• Access to highly qualified, motivated interns with proven track records of scholastic achievement, leadership
abilities, and a demonstrated desire to achieve and excel.
• Access to a talent pool of potential employees ready to contribute to your organization's success.
• Opportunity to enhance your reputation as an employer of choice, committed to diversity, willing to break
through attitudinal barriers and negative stereotypes concerning people with disabilities.
NBDC provides the following services for Employer Partners:
• Extensive outreach to targeted colleges and universities.
• Processing of program applicants.
• A pool of resumes of students with disabilities who meet your program requirements.
• Ongoing support, as needed, to assure a successful experience for you and your Emerging Leaders interns.
For information on how your organization can participate, contact Michael McGowan at 516.465.3747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't just hire an intern, hire an Emerging Leader!